In the final message in our Good News Stories series, we look at how Jesus used a divine appointment with an outcast to make an impact in the world.
The Samaritan Woman
- She was an outcast.
- She was living a sinful life.
- She was spiritually receptive
- In the end, her life is transformed. God used her to transform a whole city.
- They are puzzled and worried.
- They are judgments
- In the end, they are taught a critical lesson.
- He is on a mission
- “Divine Appointments”
- Because Love
- He engages the woman regardless of risk and convention.
- He calls her on her sin
- He shows her Grace and Truth.
- In the end, Jesus brings salvation to her and to the city.
The Good News
- Jesus seeks out the outcast.
- Jesus loves you enough to call you on your sin. (Is this okay with you?)
- Jesus offers you a life of Grace and Truth. (Which God do you want? One of grace, truth or the God of both.)
- Jesus uses the smallest and weakest to do the greatest and strongest things. Jesus wants to impact the World through You!