In response to the suggestions of infectious disease experts and in support of the cancellation of The Highlands School from March 16th – 27th, we will be taking the following measures to help guard against the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We will meet this Sunday morning for worship and will have our Journey Group meeting as scheduled. As closure for sanitizing begins on Monday and continues through the 27th, that we do not hold service on the 22nd at The Highlands School to cooperate with the sanitizing operations happening there. We will instead be meeting together for a modified worship gathering at the Nutters’ home on the 22nd at 10 am.
The following practices will also be adopted for Sunday, March 15th, and until further notice:
1. If you feel sick, stay home. We are glad you want to attend church but if there is a chance your presence could harm others please err on the side of caution.
2. Use good etiquette for coughing and sneezing. Use the crease of your elbow and not your hand to cover your mouth.
3. Please use an alternative form of greeting (head nod, elbow bump, etc..) because shaking hands and hugging are major ways to pass the virus.
4. Wash your hands regularly with hot water and antibacterial soap.
5. We will make hand sanitizer available.
6. We will not be providing food or coffee.
7. We will begin placing our tithes and offerings in the plate at the information table while entering the gathering space.
8. The teams that count the tithes and offerings and anyone else that handles money will be given latex gloves. Money can serve as a carrier for the virus.
9. Until the CDC has a better handle on this virus we will not be partaking in the Lord’s Supper.
This may seem like an overreaction to some, but understand that these precautions are a temporary effort to help protect our church family and the community at large, while still gathering together to worship our Lord and encourage one another, and will be changed as soon as possible.
The Core Team